January 31, 2008

More Wespeak fun

Joseph Feldblum and Matt McLarney make an interesting observation:

The Proposed Molecular and Life Sciences Building:
Vs.

The Narkomfin Communal House in Moscow, built in 1928 by Moisei Ginzburg and Ignaty Milinis:

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha it's really just astonishing

Anonymous said...

hahaha it's really just astonishing

Anonymous said...

damn i wish we had one of THOSE at wes

Saul said...

I'd also add Walter Gropius' Fagus Shoe Factory-

http://www.mariabuszek.com/kcai/ConstrBau/Images/Final/GropiusFagus.jpg

Anonymous said...

you must be in my class. no left & right shoes until the 20th century!?

Anonymous said...

This is about when we can start referring to Administrative buildings as "The Kremlin," no?

Anonymous said...

I dont think it looks that bad... I mean what do you expect trying to make a building fit in between the Butts and the monstrosity that is Exley?

Anonymous said...

Point, 9:53. There's a reason I've heard the Wesleyan campus referred to as the "Island of Misfit Architectures"

Anonymous said...

Not unlike another college:

http://www.williams.edu/resources/sustainability/buildings/images/paresky_sunny_smaller.jpg

Anonymous said...

other people been taking siry's architecture courses? YAY. I LOVE HIM.

Anonymous said...

oh my god they both are three stories tall! WHAT A COINCIDENCE!

Joseph F said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey now 10:49,
Why don't you go back and read the original wespeak before you get all hot-headed