May 16, 2008

WTNH news story @ 5 and 5:30

Sorry it's so quiet. Sleeping housemates.




---
Edit (Justin, 5:50 AM): I've uploaded audio from the WTNH reports at 5:00 and 5:30. Recordings courtesy of Brian Jordan '10.

---
Edit (Justin, 7:18 AM): WTNH has posted their story on their own website, with accompanying text and photos.

WTNH also allows users to comment on their story.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't tase me, bro!

Braille said...

TOO SOON!

Braille said...

p.s. keep uploading this,x

Jacon said...

How do you guys feel about merging the two video posts...

Justin said...

(Wesleying Staff.)

Anonymous said...

Wow that news report wasn't pro-police at all

Jacon said...

None of us refresh that nearly as often. That's were we need the shoutbox, come to think of it.

Mad Joy said...

You should get it automatically e-mailed to you, jacon :P

Justin said...

We can't verify it's us on the Shoutbox.

Also, we can't keep refreshing every post's comments to see the discussions.

You can change your Google settings to email every at every new post... I don't mean to impose but it'd be easier and less distracting for readers to use our established channels.

Anonymous said...

what a bunch of fucking bullshit, statist propaganda.
any totalitarian regime in history was always "doing what they had to do."

Anonymous said...

We need to grow up and start acting like adults. The police were just doing a job and our drunken students gave them a hard time. Give me a break I'm embarassed to be part of you all.

Anonymous said...

7:47, you clearly were NOT there, because no one who witnessed this would be stupid enough to even think this.

Anonymous said...

To 7:54, Does one have to be somewhere to have their own opinion on a situation? I tell you what I would not have been stupid enough to stand in a public street while drinking a beer, or even not drinking a beer, while the Police, a symble of authority are telling me to get off the street.. You need to realize that you are not always right.

Just to let you know, I was there, and watched as our fellow students who were being politely asked by a single officer who was at the end of Fountain by himself, to leave the area so that no other students would gather around. He told these students that the sooner they moved along, the sooner the police would leave. Not one of the students moved, until the officer had to take out his cuffs and threaten to arrest them if they didn't move along. You tell me is that respect for authority, or is that just plain ignorance? If you can honestly tell me that what happened was of no part fault of the students in the road, and convince me that the police were totally at fault, then I will have to reconsider my stance.

Anonymous said...

woah ... this report says P-Safe called MPD. Anybody know if that's true?

Anonymous said...

a symbol of authority?? think about all the police brutality that has happened in the past. Just because they're a so-called "symbol of authority" doesn't mean that they are justified in harassing and tazing students.

Anonymous said...

9:09 there would be no brutality or chance for it if the students would have moved along. There should be no ifs ands or buts about it. No one was being harassed, I clearly heard the police over the PA asking everyone to move along, and the students started harassing the police by throwing things at them. What brutality in the past are you talking about?

Anonymous said...

I was not there, so I cannot throw my own opinion in as to whether or not this was necessary.

But... you just DON'T tase people. In certain situations maybe I'd understand the use of certain kinds of force.. I'm not saying any situation in particular, but as a general idea.

But tasers could kill someone with a heart condition in an instant.

Nat 20 said...

8:58 - I don't think anyone is saying that the students are blameless, simply that the police used more force than was *necessary* to achieve their goal of breaking the party up.

Anonymous said...

"simply that the police used more force than was *necessary* to achieve their goal of breaking the party up."

Understatement of the millennium.

Anonymous said...

"DONT TAZE ME BRO!!" huhuh

Anonymous said...

omfg "nonetheless the police did what they had to do" HOLY FUCKING SHIT THATS SUCH BULLSHIT