If I had to guess as to why they waited, I'd say it's fiscal. Most departmental budgets are pretty much tapped by the summer, and the new fiscal year doesn't start until after June 30th.
i have spent a consecutive 20 hours in there, and i need it to stay a 24 hour lab. it better not be turned into classroom space. what will people who need a computer lab do when class is in session?
I agree. Making it a classroom/lab would be BADBADBAD. It's so convenient. However, the computers could always use an upgrade and so could the seating. Also, the desks were always gross. New desks, of course would only be a temporary gross-people-retardant, but it's better than nothing.
I'm fairly certain this is related to the Davenport renovation--there's going to be a new (supposedly 24-hour) computer lab there. Considering that that project doesn't start until October, though, I'm not sure why they did STLab this summer instead of next...
Wesleying is a 100% student-run and student-generated blog. We are neither sponsored by nor in any way affiliated with the administration of Wesleyan University.
As of March 2009, we have moved to wesleying.org. While this site will no longer be updated, our archives remain accessible via the drop-down menu below.
18 comments:
I know him!
So what's filling this empty void?
and where is the lab going?
I've heard that the lab is being redone and may be turned into a classroom part time (similar to the QAC in PAC Lab).
they certainly waited long enough into summer to start... end of july? why not start this in june?
Probably because this is hardly the only thing that's happening over the summer.
And ST lab has been in quite frequent use all summer.
That's good they're redoing it. Wish they'd replace the chairs in sci li....
dude. +5000 leetpts
It's not being redone, it's being cut in half...
About 1/4 is going to be office space, but there'll be at least as many seats in there.
yeah ian! whoo!
If I had to guess as to why they waited, I'd say it's fiscal. Most departmental budgets are pretty much tapped by the summer, and the new fiscal year doesn't start until after June 30th.
i have spent a consecutive 20 hours in there, and i need it to stay a 24 hour lab. it better not be turned into classroom space. what will people who need a computer lab do when class is in session?
I agree. Making it a classroom/lab would be BADBADBAD. It's so convenient. However, the computers could always use an upgrade and so could the seating. Also, the desks were always gross. New desks, of course would only be a temporary gross-people-retardant, but it's better than nothing.
What else are they changing?
new computers would be good! sci-li needs new computers, like by outside the entrance... and I hope sci-li gets its new carpet too
I'm fairly certain this is related to the Davenport renovation--there's going to be a new (supposedly 24-hour) computer lab there. Considering that that project doesn't start until October, though, I'm not sure why they did STLab this summer instead of next...
Probably because of budget issues.
Ian Pylvanian is the coolest person at Wesleyan. This is documented fact.
Post a Comment