September 11, 2008

Have a Good Day

So it's been awhile, and probably not entirely a bad thing that more than a few of the people I've seen today barely remembered that today marks the seventh year since 9/11.

In all earnestness, enjoy today's perfectly acceptable weather, don't spend too much time lamenting the state of our nation, sing along to Purple Rain tonight. Hope you feel some happy combination of joie de vivre, love of country, and poignant reflection.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

good post.

Anonymous said...

I think it's also important to remember those who lost their lives on this day seven years ago.

Anonymous said...

Love your country.

Anonymous said...

Country first.

Anonymous said...

Country first before what?

Anonymous said...

high taxes first, country second

Anonymous said...

Just wondering...if the event wasn't named after the date, would any of us have remembered at all?

Anonymous said...

I love you, New York City.

Anonymous said...

"if the event wasn't named after the date, would any of us have remembered at all?"

Well, um, some of us had friends that died that day because of the attacks. And I know at lest one person here who had a family member die in DC.

But we don't look at things from a small, self-involved perspective here at good ol Wes, so it's cool.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post, thank you.

And yes, we would have remembered. We still commemorate Pearl Harbor, don't we?

Anonymous said...

molly: i was going to use the same example. thanks.


also D-Day.