March 24, 2009

Eclectic Petition Now Closed

The "Overturn Eclectic Housing Restriction" online petition is now closed after having received 721 signatures. Here's a message from Eclectic:

Thank you so much for your support.

Unfortunately, due to spam, the petition is now closed. We strongly urge you to contact Assistant Director of Student Affairs Scott Backer (sbacker@wes) or President Michael Roth (mroth@wes) to vocalize your concerns.
We're taking the link down from the sidebar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what spam? at least, when I look at the petition, I don't see any spam...

David said...

I saw the petition right before it was closed. Barack Obama had signed it, as had Whitney Houston and Ghandi. Then I noticed gaps in numbers, and refreshed and saw those names beginning to disappear. So apparently somebody spammed it with fake names, so it was a sign it was time to close the petition. I'd say the number of actual people who signed is more like 690, because the petition still counts those who got deleted.